Here in CBS it was exam session, but I was smart enough to finish my exams the day 1 of the session :-) Actually it was not so difficult.
I am so happy I could leave for a while and meet a lot of friends from both University and McK and had the possibility to reflect a on myself and on what I am getting out of the BSchool.
I met Andrea, who is studying his PhD and working at the same time. He had a great idea and built a start-up together with a couple of close friends. Looking at them working day and night (literarily) I missed the hard time at University when we spent days and nights working on very nerdy things (Does anyone of you remember PACS? I do). I was so involved and interested in what we were doing that I enjoyed the time spent in the lab like I have never done.
What did I learn? I love to say: "Work hard, play hard", but I see that biggest accomplishments come from the first.

Then I met Stefano, who is working hard at UChicago, studying his PhD and teaching Statistics to undergrad that, frankly speaking, don't care so much about it.
This seems frustrating, but I am sure in that class there are at least 2-3 students who will start loving stats thanks to Stefano. He is a great and inspirational professor. And if only 2-3 will discover their love for stat, his effort will be worth.
What did I learn? Do your best to seed.
I met Michele in Milwaukee. Michele is one of my best friend in McK, and one of the smartest collegue I have ever met. I met him on January, 7th 2008, 9am. :-) He is still working, while I am here in NY having fun. It sounds weird to me.
We spent a great night together, in an Irish pub, having dinner and drinking like crazy. I love this guy. The day after, we went together to the Discovery World, a museum that connects innovation, science, technology and the environment with exploration and learning through interactive exhibits and experiential learning programs. Great!
What did I learn? Don't spend a day without learning anything.

In Bloomington I met Paola, Francesco and Marta, who live in Indiana since graduation.
Paola is Stefano's girlfriend and together they a wonderful match :)
I was very happy to meet her; she is superfriendly and let me discover the best part of Bloomington! Thank you Paola!
Francesco and Marta live in Bloomington as well (yes, all in Bloomington... Shouldn't it be better known?) Fra is a mathematician and spend his time studying...mmm... I am not able to write what. I think his mind is written in formulas. I enjoyed so much being in the same class at Poli and I learned a lot from him!
What did I learn? Love is what I want by life to be driven by.

Back to Chicago I met Francesco, from the Chicago Business School. I was surprise to see how similar we are. :) We spent a very nice evening together chatting and chatting abput past, present and future.
What did I learn? I am not the only one thinking that career is not everything in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment