For the past 11 months I've had an opportunity to really blog about something that was a journey. My new journey in New York.
And now I even can wrote about a journey in the journey: the NYC marathon.
It's not about a time, goal, it's not about beating another person, not about winning prize money. It's about you and the road; you and the people who run with you; you and the entire City who cheers for you through all the 5 boros.
In running the ING New York City Marathon I realized how many amazing people I met that stood out in this windy cold day with signs to cheer me, push me and drive me to the end. I am humbled and flattered. I was humbled when my friends gave me a huge ovation as they knew I had run. I think it was the first time that's ever happened to me. In fact I know so. It's flattering to me, but I truly can't say enough about the people who inspire me to run.
Happy running and be safe!


No comments:
Post a Comment