Wednesday, December 1, 2010

@Italian Embassy in DC

"Toccata e fuga a DC"
This would be the title if I wrote my blog in Italian.
On Monday night, right after the amazing trip to Jamaica and without even staying a home more than a couple of hours, I got on a bus heading to Washigton DC.
Why?
This was my only chance to visit the Italian Embassy in U.S.!
I was invited to a conference of a (now) well-known Italian: G.E.Valori. The purpose of the conference was to present his own last book "The road of China" that I have just finish reading...yes, I was really well prepared! :)

So I got on the bus, found I place to sleep (thanks Chez Rik!) and packed my small baggage.
I planned to come back on Tuesday night right after the conference, but DC is beautiful and I don't when I'll get the chance to come back. Therefore, I stayed on day more and took the Wednesday off to visit the city and found a really nice bar with live jazz music. On top of this, I had the chance to have a nice talk with one of those collegue that I don't have the chance to meet so often...so, I was really glad! :)

To sum it up... nice break after the break, and thanks Rik! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment