Monday, February 8, 2010

Time to club

...and finally I got a point on which clubs is worth joining.
And the winners are:

1) The Italian Club - For sure the only club I can't help joining! It's the club I care at my most, since in few months it will be in our hands.
I really hope we will be able to improve what our friends previously did with it.
In the light of this, I am thinking about the possibility to take a somewhat kind of leadership and to put my effort in its management.
Are you wandering What are Italian famous for here @CBS?
For the parties, of course! :-) Next Italian partu will take place on February 19th... details will follow.

2) Private Equity & Venture Capital - It is something completely new, but, on the other hand, I consider it very interesting. I think this club is the best chance to learn something new and, why not?, useful for my short term goals.

3) General Management - That's probably my long term future so, why do not investing in it here @Business School? :-)

4) Columbia Women in Business - Actually it is the club with the best network in terms of quantity and quality ;-)

5) International Development - It is a really widespread club, including activities such as Microcolumbia (consulting project in microfinancial activities) and Pangea.
I would like to spend some words on Pangea, since I hope to actively participate in at least one of them!
So, each semester the IDC (@Pangea) sponsors consulting projects with organizations around the world like Ashoka, Millennium Cities and Grameen. Students apply to work on a project team and mentorship will be provided by CBS faculty and consulting firms here in New York. A travel stipend will allow project teams to travel to visit their client organizations :-) during spring break or during the summer.

6) Retail & Luxury Goods - As far as I can see, it is by far the most active club in Columbia Business School: At least 1 or two mails per day arrive from it! Last week there was the first panel of the year that, I am sorry, I didn't attend...because I was going shopping! :-)

7) Christian Fellows - It is definitely a network club. The activities that are monthly organized are: lunches, dinners, trips and so on. It's a great way to be in touch with other fellows!

8) Marketing Columbia Association - My first beloved. I have always thought marketing is my best function. Now it's time to understand if it is true or not! :-)

And that's it!
To finish with "the cherry on the pie", here it is the picture of central part of Columbia University.
Columbia Business school is just behind this beautiful building!

No comments:

Post a Comment