This is for sure the longest BDay so far, since I received the first present and first kisses @17.00 yesterday (formely, my BDay midnight in Italy).
We were on the way to Playa Grande, one of the most beautiful beaches I have never seen (tie with Siesta Key, FL) and suddenly Joaquin, Shawna, Jan, Lorenzo and Varun stopped to sing "Happy Birthday"...it was so nice of them!
There I received my first present:

Then we had continued on the way to Playa Grande and there had waited for the sunset. So romantic...

Once back to Montezuma, we had a delicious sushi dinner on the Ocean and the celebrations went on with 17 (pan)cakes and a candle to make my first BDay wish ;)
After dinner we moved to "The Chicos", the only bar in Montezuma, where we drank excellent PinaColda and had a lot of fun!
At about 1.00am I met for the second time my friend Josè who told me about daily life in Costa Rica. For sure something far far away from my current life. It was a good chance to reflect on my goals and on my future.
Furthermore, he told me about two traditions related to the birth day:
(i) waking up at 5.30 to see the sunshine on Montezuma beach
(ii) going to the chicken run and have some eggs broken on the head. As many eggs as the years of the bday girl
Since the second was difficult to implement, I went for the first and the day after I woke up at 5.30 to see the sundhine. Really wonderful.
This day started at the top and continued even better!
At 8.30 we left Montezuma to go tu Turtle Island, where we did snorkeling all the morning and then had some fishes cooked on the beach, with a lot of fruits and soft drinks. After that, a power nap at the palm's shadow follewd by an intense beach volley match!

At 15.30 we came back to Montezuma, just in time for the shower and for dressing up for the night.

We had a beautiful dinner at "Playa de los Artistas" and then back to "El Chico". After a drink and some dance, we concluded the evening on the beach. Awesome. I really have to thank all my new friends for having make my BDay be one of the best ever! I love you!
COSTA RICA, PURA VIDA
No comments:
Post a Comment