Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 3 - Zipline and Montezuma

Today we woke up very early (as usual, I can say...) to go Ziplining (Canopy, in Spanish)!!

14 cables, of which 4 are extremely long: 1410 ft, 1275 ft, 1800 ft and 2250 ft. The total walking distance was of 2.8 Km. and the whole tour duration was appr. 3 hours. The two activities I liked the most were Super Cable and Tarzan.

Super Cable
Recently launched is the cable which stretches a distance of 1 km and at a height of 180 meters...amazing! It is the longest and highest to be built in Monteverde where my adrenaline was sure to rise to the maximum.

Have a look to this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nt1SKlmdss




The Tarzan Swing

It is the most spectacular situated in Monteverde, with a swing of 30 meters and reaching a height of about 50 meters.
It has become one of the most important attractions included within the zip line tour

A couple of videos for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ0ONZR3WTk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNeLzViQvYo&feature=related



Really, really, ridiculously amazing!!
After this great morning we left Monteverde to go to Montezuma.
We were looking forward an hot beach and a wonderful sea...
We had there our first sea-food dinner with delicious white wine and after that we moved to the beach...where a terrific sky were waiting for us.



After the beach I was very tired and I was thinking about going to sleep, but all the others wanted to go the only bar in Montezuma to have a coktail...so I decided to join them. This was my best choice ever.
The pub was modest, but both coktails and music were great! And, moreover, I met a local guy (Josè) who had danced with me until the pub closed. Last men standing! :)



COSTA RICA, PURA VIDA

For more info:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1

No comments:

Post a Comment