Sunday, April 18, 2010

Days 2 to 9 - First week of pure tourism

During this week I visited many more places, museums, parks and hot spots than in the previous three months and a half!
Almost unbelievable...

Among all,
- Gospel @Harlem. It's a classic, but next time I'll make sure to arrive at least 30 min before the scheduled time! I was denied the acess to more churches than discos here in NY...unpresentable!
- Coney Island, that is NOT an island. Its located in the southernmost Brooklyn and it was a major resort and site of amusement parks that reached its peak in the early 20th century. It declined in popularity after World War II and endured years of neglect. It's the homeland of hot dog and of rollercoasters!






- Brooklyn Bridge where we took thousands of pictures. Best time to go there is defintely the sunset. Someone told me to go there for the sunrise...but...cm on!
- Little Italy & Chinatown, just for having dinner in a typical Vietnamite restaurants. This is the best sideof NY!
- MoMA, where I really appreciated Tim Burton Exhibition, Marina Abramovic art and all the piece of art here hedged.

While they was absolutely prepared on the Lonely Planet guide, I put all my effort in makeing them see the so-called "Secret New York", or at least some typical "New York night Life" :-)
- Apotheke.

- Jazz Jam Session @Harlem. St Nick's Pub is definitely the best place to listen to good live jazz while drinking a cold beer.
- 230 5th. Thanks to Stefano that suggested this beautiful setting for a perfect date-night...well...actually there were 4 of us and there were all women...but these are details! ;-)


- Hudson Hotel. We have been there with all my CBS fellows, for a post-Happy Hour party. I am happy to have had the possibility to share with my best friend this stronghold of the BSchool! :-) We have been dancing until 4.00am so...cool!
- Burger Joint. This is a masterpiece. All my friends that will visit me in NY will have here for sure one of the best burgers in the city.
- Corner Bistrot
- Crocodile
- Gold

We also had two nice dinners at my place, the first with Edo & Paolo, the second with Simo, Francesco & Irene. I love having dinner with friends and moreover I love to share with my friends every part of my new New York experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment